|Starting a garden should be a pleasure. But it does help to have a little knowledge of how to go about making a garden.
Gardeners have always been great sharers. How else would we have so many plants, seeds and ideas? Get two gardeners together and they instantly have stories to tell.
Starting your first garden shouldn't be a daunting task. Probably the best piece of advice is - Start Small. If you're frozen in your steps, wondering what to plant, where to plant it, how to not kill it..., here's a bottom line Step-by-Step primer for you. Veteran gardeners, how many times have you been asked for help from frazzled first timers. Here is your chance to get expert tips from experts. Fill the form below for your gardening queries to get expert advice from Mr.
(Horticulture degree from Pusa Institute, Delhi)
Mr. Satish Mathur has got 50 years experiences in the field of horticulture and landscaping. Mr. Satish Mathur has worked at Rashtrapati Bhavan for 27 years, as the chief of horticulture (with seven Presidents of India).
After his retirement he has been occupied with various responsibilities –
· Worked as Director, Horticulture with Oberoi group and Taj group of hotels, all over India.
· Associated with the Government of Delhi as an Environment Consultant.
· Associated with Royal Horticulture Society, London.
· Associated with American Horticulture Society as Honorary member.
· Associated with All India Kitchen Garden Association in Delhi and NCR as a Vice President.
Apart from this, for the first time in India, being as the Head of Department, Horticulture, Paharpur Business Research Centre, Mr. Satish Mathur has also worked on controlling the indoor air pollution (based on the research held by NASA). Currently he is working on a project called – Garden as a Therapy.